Monday, July 14, 2008

July 10-14

Well, after a full nine days staying at my brother's, I'm finally heading out. I've hiked about 85 miles this week, which is probably about the same as I would have done had I been carrying the pack. But it was a wonderful break to spend every night sleeping in air-conditioning, eating real meals (we went out for sushi last night!), showering, etc. Most importantly, I got a lot of chores done getting set up for the second half of the hike.

The hiking up here has been fairly level, but very, very rocky. I'll be glad to reach New Jersey.

People keep asking about my foot; I forgot to mention it, but it's pretty much totally healed, and has been for a couple of weeks now. I didn't post any photos of it when it happened, because I didn't want to freak my mom out. But since it's healed now, I'll post a photo of what it did look like after about 6 days. (warning, gross picture)

http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=361041

No comments: