Saturday, May 24, 2008

May 21st

I realize this morning that given where I am on the trail, I'm probably due to arrive in Pearisburg Saturday night; this is bad, as I have a maildrop coming to the PO there, and I just found out that this is Memorial Day weeked coming up -- which means I'll be stuck there until Tuesday. Not good.
So, when, after 6 miles, I run across some section hikers who are bailing off the trail, I decide to do just a bit more yellowblazing -- I get off with them, and then get a hitch a few miles down the road. I skip about 20 miles of trail, but it puts me in line to make the Pearisburg PO before noon Saurday.
Highlight of the day was Burke's Garden -- this is a huge valley, which the AT skirts, full of farms (many of them Amish). Lots of scenic views down onto farms and houses.

No comments: